Our Pledge to You:
a safe and clean salon
There is nothing more important than your safety and comfort when you visit Amy Murphy’s Salon & Spa. That’s why we pledge to adhere to the highest industry standards. We welcome your questions and will address any concerns concisely and openly.
With your safety in mind:
- We sanitize and disinfect all reusable tools in accordance with state regulations and industry best practices.
Any tools that can’t be disinfected, such as nail files and orangewood sticks, are disposed of after a single use.
- We use bleach-cleaned fresh towels for each client.
- We never use a blade to cut any skin, including calluses. Heavy callus needs to be taken down gently and sometimes over the course of a few services.
- We use only quality, professional-grade, legal, and safe products.
We take pride in our professionalism:
- Our licenses are up to date and displayed.
- The health of your nails will be evaluated, and you will be referred to a physician if necessary. Be sure to let us know if you have any heath conditions, like diabetes, that may affect your service.
- Recommendations will be made for at home maintenance of your nails, hands, and feet. We encourage you to understand your own role in keeping your nails in healthy and attractive condition.
You may be concerned about safe pedicures. Here is what Amy Murphy’s Salon & Spa does to ensure your total safety:
- Whirlpool pedicure tubs come in different types of pipeless and piped systems. Our salon uses a pipeless pedicure tub.
- We follow cleaning protocols, required by the state and recommended by the product manufacturer. Cleaning and disinfection procedures are done after each and every client, not just at the end of the day or the end of the week.
- We use an EPA registered, hospital grade, liquid disinfectant that is virucidal, bactericidal, and fungicidal to clean the pedicure tub. The tub is scrubbed out, then refilled with a solution of fresh water and disinfectant, and left to disinfect for 10 minutes before being rinsed clean and dried.
(Spray disinfectants are for cleaning surfaces only, and are not adequate to disinfect pedicure tubs)
- Pedicure tools are disinfected or disposed of according to the highest standards. Any tool or implement that cannot be properly disinfected such as files, buffers, and orangewood sticks, are disposed of after use on a single client.
- Tools and implements that can be safely reused, such as clippers, pushers, and our metal foot files, are disinfected according to state regulations.